Monday 22 October 2012

Making of our Preliminary Task: Camera Angles


In our preliminary task, we used a wide range of camera angles to show the events that transpire on screen.
This is how our camera angles were planned out:
  1. Close-Up: Abbie's hand opening the door.
  2. Low-Angle: Shot from below of when she comes through the door.
  3. Close-Up: Door closing.
  4. Over the Shoulder: Abbie sitting down at the table from my view.
  5. Medium: Me closing my book, and folding arms.
  6. Long: Abbie and I placing our hands on the table.
  7. Close-Up: Abbie speaks.
  8. Close-Up: I speak.
  9. High-Angle: Abbie and I looking around.
  10. Close-Up: Abbie's face.
  11. Close-Up: My face.
  12. Extreme Close-Up: Abbie's eyes.
  13. Extreme Close-Up: My eyes.
  14. Medium: I speak.
  15. Medium: I get up from the chair and walk out the door.
  16. Medium: Abbie hitting her head on the table.
  17. Multiple Close-Ups: Abbie banging head on table.
  18. Medium: Abbie's head on the table.
  19. Long: Me walking in.
  20. Close-Up: Me picking up the book and speaking.
  21. Long: Abbie still at the table.
We used many different shot types, and we also filmed different parts of the scene with different angles, but only used the angles that helped the scene to flow better. When adding in the extra shots of Abbie hitting her head on the table, we had planned it from the start, using this as a way to get a laugh out of the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment